Thanks to the increasing number of (international) projects we are involved in, Pondera are currently looking for a Senior consultant wind resource assessment.
Who is Pondera
Pondera is a renowned, international consultancy firm. Together with our clients, we contribute to the development of renewable energy projects. As consultants, we add value to small and large projects in the Netherlands, North East Asia and South East Asia. We are active both in offshore and onshore wind energy projects, and in solar energy projects.
Duties and responsibilities
You will carry out projects, both for clients and internally, in the area of wind resource assessments, wind energy yield calculations and project planning. This includes both onshore and offshore projects, all over the world. You are familiar with, and well-known within, the wind energy market and you are aware of general developments in wind energy projects. You have a thorough working experience with yield calculations models and the underlying methodology and meteorology. You are able to provide accurate modelling and data-analyses, and you know which design parameters of wind farms are important. You have an established professional network and a demonstrable ability to run complex acquisition paths and to run similarly complex projects. Moreover, you have experience in collaborating with governments, utility companies and project developers. Within a growing team of enthusiastic colleagues, you contribute to the realisation of renewable energy projects.
You will independently advise or cooperate in a team on the fields of executing yield calculations, performing data analysis or programming work, aiding in designing wind measurement campaigns, wind turbine tests etc. A thorough technical knowledge, and experience with complex processes is required. Within this context, you strive to independently acquire and run projects and moreover help in expanding the scope of services of Pondera.
Required knowledge and skills
Pondera would like to meet a consultant that has:
- A completed relevant academical degree such as Meteorology, Wind energy or Sustainable Energy technology;
- Several years of relevant (advisory) experience as a consultant;
- Up to date knowledge on wind energy technology and developments, wind turbine technology, meteorology and/or wind resource assessments, wind measurements and modelling;
- Knowledge of and experience with WAsP, WindPro, Windographer, and programming in e.g. Matlab/Python and with databases is helpful;
- A highly independent nature and ownership mentality for ongoing projects;
- Proficiency in English in speaking and written form, and ideally in Dutch as well
- An enthusiastic and entrepreneurial nature;
- A drive to reinforce a growing 40+ FTE company of highly motivated consultants;
- A driving licence level B;
- A willingness to travel irregularly.
What do we offer?
Besides working in a 12.5 year young company where you will get all freedom to develop yourself and where pleasure in work is crucial, we offer:
- A decent primary salary and secondary labour conditions such as laptop, phone, pension plan and expense compensation;
- Prospect of a permanent contract;
- A young, knowledgeable and passionate team of professionals who also enjoy activities outside work such as diners and joint sports-events;
- Plenty development possibilities and the opportunity to shape your own development within the rapidly growing team of professionals and to help shape the future of that team;
- To contribute to renewable energy projects and wind energy projects both on- and offshore, in the Netherlands and (far) abroad;
- The possibility to work abroad and/or to work with international partners;
- Flexible work places and times, with our head office being in a new office in Arnhem, close to an intercity train station.
For more information on this position, please contact Erik Holtslag via +31 6 114 360 70.
Send your application letter by email to:
Pondera Consult B.V.
Att. of Mr. Erik Holtslag
No recruitment agencies please!