Lending institutions appoint Lenders’ Engineer(s) to monitor and provide an independent review of the progress of projects in order to safeguard the interests of the lending institutions (banks, financial institution, investors).
During the execution of the project, as a Lenders’ Engineer, Pondera will regularly visit the site to assess the performance and execution of the project. We understand the importance of qualifying and quantifying risks in collaboration with legal advisors, as well as facilitating risk mitigation with the lending institutions and their advisors prior to an investment decision. Our services are followed by a post-financial close phase, where we monitor construction and handover to the operations team on behalf of the lending institutions. Our services include (but are not limited to):
- Project review (Contractual and Technical due diligence) and a Permit risk assessment
- Assessing and evaluating the budget (Commercial due diligence, Business Case)
- Assessment of the procurement / tender management
- Construction- and Site supervision
- QHSE (health, safety and environment) and quality (QA/QC)
- Asset management